Working from home, I love using my slow cooker. I can decide on meals ahead of time, buy the ingredients, throw everything in and not have to think about dinner the rest of the day (or week, depending on how well I plan!)
Here's my latest recipe for slow cooker Minestrone, just in time for Meatless Monday
- 1 box (1 qt) of reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained
- 1-2 cans (at least 15 oz) diced tomatoes - I used two cans, because I like the soup base a bit thicker
- 5 baby carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onions or scallions, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed
- Add broth, beans, tomatoes (with juice), carrots, scallions, celery and onion into the slow cooker. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add spinach and 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning to cooker.
- Cover and cook for 30 more minutes.